LINGÜÍSTICA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LINGÜÍSTICA

Forum for on-line classes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS Empty
PostSubject: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:25 pm

1. FALSE.

Shocked javiers, valeriaf, julietaf, elianaa, check back, it's the tenth not the ninth paragraph (maybe you reformatted the file or else you miscounted the paragraphs).

Neutral virginial, marinap, marianelab, you said it was true but in the first paragraph Jakobson only states he was asked to discuss the relationship between poetics (i.e. literature) and linguistics.

Smile adrianaa, florenciaonti, vtrinidad, julietagrameg, rcamila, arianar, I agree with your comment, you should only check the paragraph number where he actually deals with his outlook on language.

silent micaelag, your answer seems OK but I can't quite get what you mean in the first sentence after "False".

lol! beleni, gustavop, good work!

affraid HOW ABOUT THE REST? (If I'm not mistaken there are three missing souls!)
Back to top Go down
http://linguisticadeldiscurso.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:40 pm

2. FALSE.

lol! javiers, virginial, beleni, marinap, adrianaa, marianelab, valeriaf, micaelag, julietaf, gustavop, vtrinidad, julietagrameg, rcamila, arianar, good job!

Exclamation virginial, florenciaonti, mind the spelling of little Roman.

Sad And the three lost souls?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:03 pm

3. FALSE.

study javiers, gustavop, vtrinidad, julietagrameg, rcamila, arianar you said it was true but although Jakobson sort of inaugurated an amplification of the notions surrounding the speech event, his concern lies less on the pragmatic factors per se (such as the referent) than on the functions language purports. A central focus on the referent would have implied further analysis on the ways through which that referential goal is achieved, something discourse analysts after Jakobson will discuss throughout the second half of the 20th century and beyond.

Wink beleni, OK on the whole though you should revise what you consider central in his theory.

Neutral marianelab, OK but the justification is a bit weak, don't you think?

No valeriaf, OK but the justification doesn't seem to support your decision.

scratch micaelag, florenciaonti OK but the justification doesn't seem to be strong enough.

Sad marinap, florenciaonti mind spelling of poor Roman.

sunny virginial, marinap, adrianaa, julietaf, elianaa you played safe by resorting exclusively to the actual words in the text. This strategy is probably a better option since we are visiting the theory first hand.

Sleep Do we have any chance that the lost souls will ever turn up?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:25 pm

4. FALSE.

king javiers, virginial, beleni, marinap, marianelab, valeriaf, julietaf, elianaa, gustavop, vtrinidad, rcamila, arianar, awesome!

bounce adrianaa, OK but you could have checked the etimology of the word yourself, right? Poor Roman, he can't do all the work, can he?

Suspect micaelag, OK but what do you mean it can stand on its own? As far as I can see, "-ive" is a suffix to derive adjectives so at least we should spot 2 morphemes, probably "conat-" (root of conation) and "-ive".

Exclamation julietagrameg, OK but revise the etimology of the word.

Crying or Very sad florenciaonti, I'm afraid it was false, see your partners' explanations.

confused No lost souls in sight, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 pm

5. FALSE.

cheers javiers, virginial, beleni, marinap, marianelab, valeriaf, micaelag, julietaf, elianaa, gustavop, florenciaonti, julietagrameg, rcamila, arianar, well done!

Neutral adrianaa, OK but I don't quite agree with your justification.

Crying or Very sad vtrinidad, I'm afraid it was false, see other explanations.

study arianar, check spelling of little Roman.

elephant I give up, re lost souls chances aren't!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 pm

If you have any questions regarding this task, please post them below and I'll answer them asap.
Back to top Go down
virginial

PostSubject: Apologies   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:54 pm

I offer my most sincere apologies to Mr. Roman JaKobson. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS   TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS Empty

Back to top Go down

TASK 1: FEEDBACK AND FURTHER QUESTIONS
Page 1 of 1